Thursday, May 13, 2010

Current V&A Delights

What wonderful exhibitions are on at the Victoria and Albert museum in London at the moment! Till the end of June there is their first Quilt exhibition and till the end of September Grace Kelly is their featured style icon. Libertys has even released a limited edition of printed fabrics for quilting in conjunction with the V&A. So in summary- visit!


My first introduction to textile art was Tracey Emin's quilts. Which made me look at my Grandma's beautiful traditional American quilts in a whole new light! What is exciting about this exhibition is that it summarizes transitions such as these as the quilts displayed are from 1700 to the present day.



The Grace Kelly, Style Icon exhibition showcases her wardrobe during her film career and also as Princess of Monaco. Thus spanning the 50s, 60s and 70s. I'm guessing the gowns and outfits from the 50s might be my favorites.

No comments: